Project management:Help wanted
From Post-Apocalyptic RPG wiki
This article lists the possible fields of work in the project management department.
How to apply
If you're serious about contributing to the project, please post an introduction on the forums, preferably with the field of work you want to contribute to in the title.
If you have any questions about the project management department or fields of work please contact our project manager, barra. Barra can be found on the IRC channel for real-time communication, or you can send him a private message via the forums.
Open fields of work
We're currently trying to find contributors in these fields of work.
- PHP, MySQL, (X)HTML & CSS, Python (optional, for Trac)
- Customizing forums (SMF), wiki (Mediawiki), blog (Wordpress) and ticket tracker (Trac) software
- Customizing the CSS style sheets of the software mentioned above to achieve a somewhat consistent look across the different tools
- Smaller changes to php and python scripts for further design customization (optional)
- Setting up SVN accounts
- All kind of administrative work that is related to the development infrastructure: SVN, forums, wiki, blog, etc
- Possible maintenance of a server that provides additional development tools: IRC logs, code documentation, SVN snapshots
- Community interaction
- Maintaining development blog
- Handle all kind of interaction with the public: release announcements, possible interviews with the team, etc
- Trying to recruit new developers by advertizing the project at defined recruitment places
- Looking out for additional possible places for recruitment
- Working out the recruitment descriptions in cooperation with the corresponding development department
- Getting in contact with potentially interested developers and giving them a short project introduction
- Answering any questions that these developers might have about the project
Closed fields of work
For various reasons, we're currently not trying to find contributors in these fields of work.