Programming:How to use Trac
From Post-Apocalyptic RPG wiki
This article explais how Trac is utilized by the programming department.
- Don't assign tickets to specific developers if you haven't spoken with them before and they're okay with it! If you're unsure to whom to assign a ticket to, choose "parpg" from the "assign to" dropdown list;
You can send in bug reports by creating a new ticket at Trac, even if you don't have a Trac account set up for you at this point. Fill in the information outlined below:
- A brief description of the bug. Try to be as descriptive as possible without going into too much detail.
- This field is used to identify you as a bug reporter, preferably your email address. Use a different value for the reporter field than the "anonymous" preset, since bugs sent in by "anonymous" reporters may be blocked by the spam filter!
- You can use the following template to report your bug; copy and paste into Trac and customize:
== PARPG version number == Release codename (e.g. techdemo 1) or SVN revision number. == Platform and Operating System == E.g. Windows XP 32bit, Debian Lenny 5.0.6 64bit, Windows 7 64bit, etc. == Python Distribution and Version == E.g. ActivePython 22.214.171.124 32bit, Python 2.6.6 64bit, etc. == How to reproduce the bug == Be clear in how to reproduce the bug. == Expected result == Include what you think should have happened when you take the steps you described above. == Actual result == What actually happens when following the steps you described above. Please include any backtraces or debug information you collected!
- Select "bug".
- Please use your own best judgment here. If this is a major bug which causes the engine to crash then set it to "critical". If its just a minor graphical glitch that doesn't affect gameplay then set it to "minor". "trivial" should be reserved for very minor glitches, such as misspellings.
- Leave the default setting;
- Select the relevant department. For most bugs, this should be "Programming".
- Select the component that directly relates to the bug. If this is unknown leave it at the preset value of "scripts";
- Select the version of your PAPRG installation here. If you checked out PARPG from source, then select "truck".
- Extract a few key words and phrases from your bug report and put them here so that it will be easy to search for it in Trac later.
- Leave blank.
- Blocked by
- Leave blank.
- Leave blank.
- Assign to
- Leave blank. A developer will be assigned to the ticket once it has been reviewed.
Minor feature requests
Use the same Trac field values as #Bug reports, with the following exceptions:
- Use the following template:
== Feature Description == Brief but concise description of the proposed enhancement. == Rationale == Describe why the enhancement is needed. == Pros and Cons == Provide a quick cost-benefit evaluation of the proposed changes.
- Select "feature request".
- For minor features, select "minor" or "trivial".
Evaluting minor feature requests
Minor feature requests reside in the evaluation milestone until a (lead) developer had the time to review them. Minor feature requests are reworded as user stories and moved to the product backlog after that.
Major feature requests
Use the same Trac fields as for #Minor feature requests except for the following:
- For major features, select "major". Don't select "critical" - no feature requests are critical!
Evaluting major feature requests
Major feature requests reside in the evaluation milestone until a (lead) developer had the time to review them. Major feature requests are reworded as user stories and moved to the product backlog after that.