From Post-Apocalyptic RPG wiki
The article lists all tasks that are planned to be completed for milestone 1.
Strike out completed ones.
Release a first version of the rendering setup.
Define the camera view and angle.
- Define and test the rendering setup for various types of sprites. The only issue remaining is with rendering walls.
- How to make seamless walls units? The current render output right now doesn't seem to produce ideal results.
- Research what would be the best way to handle building roofs (which would become invisible when the PC enters the buildings)
Define the tile image size
Define the agent maximum size
Define the size of a single tile in PARPG game world
- Talk to the programming team and see what kind of the features are available and base sprite production on the received information.
Ask the programming team to include multi-tile objects into the game, since this is a critical features for us graphics dudes.
- Have multi-tile objects support in parpg
- Talk to the programming team and see what kind of plans and features they plan to include later (how much later?) and what does this mean for sprite production
- Write proper feature proposals for all desired/needed features for the graphics field.
- Compile a list of GUI elements that will be used ingame
- Have a set of character stats, and a mechanism for "traits" and "skills" if not all possible ones enumurated
- Have a combat system that is implementable, and tunable (for balance purposes)
- Have implementable rules for task resolution using items and skills
- Have basic concepts for NPC "personality" and combat AI specified
- Describe all the basic types of items (inc. clothing weapons) and how they interact with the game
- Have a reasonable, agreed upon understanding of how weather/environment effects work
- Have a reasonable, agreed upon understanding of how vehicles will be handled
- Construct a basic game environment
- Display a map including objects created by graphics department
- Enable Character to walk through map
- Save/Load Game
- Enable limited interaction with other objects (NPCs, containers)
- Begin compiling list of required GUI elements
Register new TLD parpg.net and migrate blog, forums and wiki to it
Register the project at sourceforge
- Flesh out Feature list
- Agree upon one of the two different story proposals that have been brought up