From Post-Apocalyptic RPG wiki
This article covers how the game mechanics in PARPG are categorized.
Game mechanics categorization
There are five basic categories for game mechanics in PARPG:
- Submitted game mechanics
- Submitted game mechanics have been fleshed out in detail and are ready for review by the other developers.
- Accepted game mechanics
- Accepted game mechanics have been reviewed by other developers, feedback has been given and the mechanics have been revised based on that feedback. These mechanics are now awaiting implementation.
- Implemented game mechanics
- Implemented game mechanics has been reviewed and implemented into the game.
- Deprecated game mechanics
- Deprecated game mechanics have been reviewed by developers on the team and have been categorized as deprecated for the time being. There are a couple of reasons why game mechanics can be declared deprecated: either the mechanic in question has been replaced with a different accepted mechanic or the mechanic has been rejected in review as it's lacking substantial information. In the latter case substantial effort is needed to further flesh out the mechanic before it is considered for review again.
- Work in progress game mechanics
- All work in progress mechanics that are not ready for review yet, are stored at the Mechanics idea dump. Once they're ready for review, they're promoted to submitted mechanics status.