From Post-Apocalyptic RPG wiki
Welcome to the idea dump of the audio department!
Dynamic playback engine
Dynamic playback engine is a proposal of pie-in-the-sky feature for audio playback inside the game. Music is played smoothly, without interruptions. The engine controls playback in the way that suits the game situation and location, taking care of background music, ambient sounds and some of the sound effects (but not all of them).
These notes were moved from the starting page of the audio department:
- Public domain weapon sounds packs: http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=4366
- Help with music offered at RPGCodex: http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/music.htm.
- sounds nice. It shows skill and quality as well as diverse styles. Listened to most of the tracks and while none would be really fitting for parpg, the author shows potential to be able to create quality tracks to fit the parpg setting. Definitely to be conntacted once we open the audio section a bit more. (-Lamoot)
- Composer looking for work http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122466.
- Help offered at gamedev.net: http://gigglesmusic.com/justinabene/.
- Composer and sound effects engineer: http://www.djyaudio.com/.
- In case we would like to feature similar music in PARPG as in Fallout: the soundtrack of the first two Fallout games can be legally downloaded from NMA here and here.
- Lamoot's music preferences.